The Geek Initiative regularly creates and produces LARPs (live action role playing games) online and in person. We strive for physical and emotional safety, consent, inclusion, and immersion. We produce streamed games (using Google Hangouts and Twitch), salon LARPs best suited for conventions or home play, and have a blockbuster LARP in development.
We’re committed to a transparent LARP development process, often developing LARPs on stream and soliciting feedback via Facebook posts and Google surveys. We feel that this is especially important to ensure inclusion and to develop LARPs people wish to play – not simply ones we want to make.
Our primary LARP designer is Tara M. Clapper, TGI’s founder and publisher. Having grown The Geek Initiative as a community for women in geek culture for more than five years, Tara now focuses on developing games, LARP community discussion, and RPGs for publication and sale.
Questions or concerns? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current TGI LARP Productions: Click Link for LARP Page/Ticket Sales
Coming soon! We have submitted several LARPs to run at Dreamation!
Check out our custom LARP options on Find My LARP: bit.ly/TGILARPtickets
LARPs in Development
- Intrigue and Independence: An American Revolution LARP [Blockbuster LARP, Currently Scouting Locations in Philadelphia] – 2018 or 2019
- Prohibition Era New Year’s Eve LARP [TBD]
- New World Magischola Official Spinoff LARP [Writer] – 2018
- Meme LARP [with tabletop designer Chadd Stewart]
- CHARIOT LARP: The Odyssey [In-person segment of CHARIOT LARP]
- CHARIOT LARP: Home [In-person segment of CHARIOT LARP]
Past LARP Productions
- Project A.T.H.E.N.A.: A Superhero Digital LARP (January 2017)
- Chariot LARP: a digital sci-fi live action role playing experience (2016-2017) – Six Runs
- She’s Got a Gun: A Four-Hour Feminist LARP [Finalizing PDF for sale]. Run at: The Geek Initiative Philly Salon LARP Group Gathering, Dexcon (2016), GenCon (2017)
- You Can Talk to Me [Accepted for Publication]
Additional LARP Production Experience
- Immerton by Learn Larp LLC – Design Team Member (Character Creation), NPC – October 2017
- Dragon Thrones by The Game Theatre – GM for House Ardmore (July 2016, January 2017, July 2017)
- Seventh Kingdom IGE by Project Omega LLC – Marketing Director, Module Writer, Photographer
Other Gaming Experience
- Armistice Arcane [Player: Moira O’Connor] – January 2017
- Bravo Fleet: SFM Revenant [Player: A Star Trek-inspired text-based RPG played on message board] – July 2017 – Present
- New World Magischola [Player: Runs 1, 5, 7, Winter’s Cry Spinoff, Yule 1, Yule 2017; 2 House President Leadership Roles] June 2016 – Present
- Seventh Kingdom IGE [Player in Leadership Role: Hand of the Envoy of Fir’bolg] 2012 – 2016
- Verak Nor: An Independent Star Trek SIM [Player]
- Land of Free Ulster: A Historical Text-Based RP [Owner/Writer/Moderator] 2006 – 2010
2018 Events (as player unless otherwise indicated):
- On the Rocks
- Beat Generation [As Player and Documentarian]
- Dragon Thrones 3 [As GM]
- Imperial Magischola
- Maelstrom Mansion
In addition to doing customized LARP work, Tara also edits LARP and RPG rulebooks and serves as a paid consultant on LARP projects as a designer and marketer. She has done editorial work and/or consulted for Learn Larp LLC, The Game Theatre, Hanging Lantern, and Lost Colonies Larp.
Tara is a featured writer at larping.org as well as this site, and has been published LARP-related content on niche and mainstream sites. A selection of her published works includes:
- How I Got This Job: LARP Designer (The Billfold)
- I’m Attending a Blockbuster LARP: 12 Ways I Budget to Make It Happen (The Geek Initiative)
- The 7 Stages of LARP Hype (larping.org)
- What is LARP and 7 Ways it Made Me a Better Brand Storyteller (Express Writers)
- Chasing Bleed: An American Fantasy Larper at Wizard School (nordiclarp.org)
- Dragon Thrones: High Immersion in a Larp MegaGame (nordiclarp.org)
- Here’s How LARPing Changed My Life (HelloGiggles)
Use the contact form below to get in touch.