The Geek Initiative regularly creates and produces LARPs (live action role playing games) online and in person. We strive for physical and emotional safety, consent, inclusion, and immersion. We produce streamed games (using Google Hangouts and Twitch), salon LARPs best suited for conventions or home play, and have a blockbuster LARP in development.
We’re committed to a transparent LARP development process, often developing LARPs on stream and soliciting feedback via Facebook posts and Google surveys. We feel that this is especially important to ensure inclusion and to develop LARPs people wish to play – not simply ones we want to make.
Our primary LARP designer is Tara M. Clapper, TGI’s founder and publisher. Having grown The Geek Initiative as a community for women in geek culture for more than five years, Tara now focuses on developing games, LARP community discussion, and RPGs for publication and sale.
Questions or concerns? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current TGI LARP Productions: Click Link for LARP Page/Ticket Sales
- CHARIOT LARP: Alpha, Beta, Delta [Sci-Fi LARP online segment: alpha test and two runs] BETA RUN has sold out. DELTA RUN TICKETS LIVE. –> Full game info and purchase links here.
LARPs in Development
- Intrigue and Independence: An American Revolution LARP [Blockbuster LARP, Currently Scouting Locations in Philadelphia] – 2018 or 2019
- Prohibition Era New Year’s Eve LARP [TBD]
- New World Magischola Official Spinoff LARP [Writer] – March 2018
- Meme LARP [with tabletop designer Chadd Stewart]
- CHARIOT LARP: The Odyssey [In-person segment of CHARIOT LARP]
- CHARIOT LARP: Home [In-person segment of CHARIOT LARP]
Past LARP Productions
- She’s Got a Gun: A Four-Hour Feminist LARP [Finalizing PDF for sale]
- You Can Talk to Me [Accepted for Publication]
Additional LARP Production Experience
- Immerton by Learn Larp LLC – Design Team Member (Character Creation), NPC – October 2017
- Dragon Thrones by The Game Theatre – GM for House Ardmore
- Seventh Kingdom IGE by Project Omega LLC – Marketing Director, Module Writer, Photographer
Other Gaming Experience
- Bravo Fleet: USS Redguard [Player: A Star Trek-inspired text-based RPG played on Discord and streamed on Twitch] – July 2017 – Present
- New World Magischola [Player: Runs 1, 5, 7, Winter’s Cry Spinoff, Yule 1, Yule 2017; 2 House President Leadership Roles] June 2016 – Present
- Seventh Kingdom IGE [Player in Leadership Role: Hand of the Envoy of Fir’bolg] 2012 – 2016
- Verak Nor: An Independent Star Trek SIM [Player]
- Land of Free Ulster: A Historical Text-Based RP [Owner/Writer/Moderator] 2006 – 2010
In addition to doing customized LARP work, Tara also edits LARP rulebooks and serves as a paid consultant on LARP projects as a designer and marketer. For more information about that, check out her website or use the contact form below.