My universe was incomplete because I wasn’t on Tumblr! Okay, maybe that’s a little dramatic, and that’s why I thought I did not want to be on Tumblr–the drama. Since it looks like Tumblr is for the younger set, I kind of thought of it as a thing like….how LiveJournal was back in the day.
And that’s true. But I need a space where I can kind of go be a fangirl. Also, I was researching fellow fangirls for an upcoming project.
Here’s what I learned about Tumblr:
- There seem to be less RP snobs on there than on LJ.
- It’s way easier to get re-blogged than re-tweeted, so as someone who actively promotes her own entertainment articles and LARPing….how was I not on here already?
- News and photos spread more rapidly on Tumblr than on Twitter and Facebook–and it’s easier to track.
- If you’re an entertainment writer, you really need to engage fans and post stuff on Tumblr.
- There’s a lot of positivity on the Tumblrverse. Way less emo than I thought it would be.